Verisure is the European market leader in monitored security solutions, operating under 2 brand names (Securitas Direct & Verisure). The Company has more than 2.5 million customers in 14 countries across Europe and Latin America and has more than 12,000 employees and partners. The customer offering covers the whole value chain – from product development, design and sales to installation, service and a 24/7 professional monitoring solution. Thanks to a strong focus on high quality, the company’s customers are amongst the most satisfied and loyal in the industry. The group has grown to be the second-largest home alarm provider in the world and, is on average 3.5 times the size of its nearest competitor across its footprint. The company is part of the Hellman & Friedman investment portfolio.
The business has enjoyed consistent double-digit top and bottom line growth over the past 20+ years as a result of its highly entrepreneurial and innovative approach to business, which has led to Verisure enjoying industry leading customer retention of >90% and residential customer churn below 7%. Our organization has grown from 6,000 to over 12,000 employees and partners in the past three years and our continued successful growth is dependent on our talent pipeline. Our people are our business.
We are now looking for a In-House Counsel to join our high-performing Sweden group legal team in Malmoe, to help accelerate our continuing fast-paced growth.
The In-House Counsel will be responsible for:
- Partnering with other legal team members, counselling on strategic and major business initiatives and decisions of importance to the group specifically focused on technology
- Overseeing the contracting processes in our Malmo Innovation Center. Negotiating and structuring a variety of contracts and licensing agreements, including complex supplier agreements with key manufacturing partners, NDAs and other commercial agreements.
- Working with the Sr. Commercial Counsel to analyze the overall customer and supplier risk / reward profile across innovation, technology and supply chain and define and implement the strategy to ensure an appropriate risk / reward balance.
- Identify contractual risks and suggest alternatives that lead to optimal solutions. Work cross-functionally to ensure that contractual terms are compliant with legal, regulatory, and company policies and risk preferences.
- Provide commercial legal advice and support to the group in relation to new business initiatives and technology development.
- Further develop and implement processes to ensure an efficient and sophisticated service is provided by the legal function.
- Maintain and revise template agreements as required.
- Support and perform, as appropriate, other activities provided by the group Legal function and participate in and, as appropriate, lead aspects of the administration of the Legal function from both a leadership and team management perspective.
Areas of legal work will include smart commercial contracting (customers, suppliers, sales alliances, franchisees), data privacy, IP, and industry regulation.
Profile and qualifications
This is a very rare opportunity to join a dynamic, international and industry-leading business, with a smart and high-performing team, in a continuously growing technology and service industry that makes a positive difference in the lives of customers across 14 countries every day.
We are not looking for just a lawyer: the successful candidate will always play with and for the team; be smart and have a strong academic record and career success to date; be a sharp legal mind; have a passion to learn (particularly about business and strategy); be analytical and a structured thinker, but also driven, service-minded and prone to take initiative and take ownership. The right candidate will have to take commercially sound decisions with a risk-reward-based approach, working closely with the operational team and management colleagues.
- Very insightful: Strong analytical, commercial, process and performance management skills
- Strong, confident, humble leader that exerts influence through value add leadership with high ‘EQ’
- Strong work ethic, energetic, curious, entrepreneurial, ambitious and motivated, – ‘roll up the sleeves’ style
- Strong fit with our Company DNA:
- Passionate in Everything We Do: Our people have a sense of energy that is unmistakable, one that drives us to delight our customers and focus on creating impact quickly
- Committed to Making a Difference: When we say we will do something, we deliver with excellence. We are accountable, focused and operate with discipline
- Always Innovating: We believe that Innovation can be big or small; it’s a continuous state of mind that inspires us to think differently and always make things better. We are risk takers and we learn continuously.
- Winning as a Team: Our people know that by leveraging one another’s strengths, investing in and developing our team’s capability and by collaborating well, we will win.
- With Trust & Responsibility: Operating with integrity is core to our success. We are humble, honest and value deep mastery and expertise. We do the right thing, always.
The successful candidate will likely also have a Swedish law degree, a strong academic record and a minimum 6 years of experience working in top-rated law firms and as an internal legal counsel.
If you think you could be a fit, we would be very happy to hear from you!
Application and Enquiries
We are working with Sharp Recruitment on this project. Please feel free to contact Zarina Virsholm on +46 733 99 07 27 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for questions regarding Verisure and/or the position.
All applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on a rolling-basis. Applications (ideally consisting of an introductory letter with CV) should be sent by email to email@example.com as soon as possible.